Barangay Cumba

Barangay Officials
Honorato A. Aquino Punong Barangay
Victor M. Claveria Brgy. Kagawad
Miguel A. Tolentino Brgy. Kagawad
Ramon A. de Torres Brgy. Kagawad
Victoria F. Custodio Brgy. Kagawad
Raymundo M. Aquino Brgy. Kagawad
Josefina F. Amparo Brgy. Kagawad
Nemesio D. Balmes Brgy. Kagawad
John Roven E. Amparo SK-Chairman
Melvin M. Amparo Brgy. Secretary
Romualdo D. Amparo Brgy. Treasurer


Physical & Demographic Characteristics
Land Area (has) : 986.3876
Population 2015 (PSA) :
Number of Purok/Sitios : 3
Boundaries : North - 
South - 
West - 
East - 


Other Information
The different sitios of Cumba of the barrio of Conde Itaas, Maulabi and Quilamig of the barrio of San Miguel, and Cadlam of the barrio of Talahib Payapa, all of Batangas City, were united and made as an additional barrio of the Municipality of Batangas.

Official name of the barrio:
The official name given to this barrio is Cumba. It is one of the remotest barrios of the City of Batangas. Bounded by the barrio of Talahib Pandayan on the northeast, the barrio of Payapa on the south, the barrios of Haligue Silangan and Maruclap on the west, and on the northern part, the different barrios of San Miguel, Conde Itaas and Sto Domingo.

Date Established:
The barrio of Cumba, Batangas City, was established in 1956. In the same year, a primary school was also established with the help of Batangas South District Supervisor, Mr. Andres Macatangay and Division Superintendent for Batangas, Mr. Gregorio Lardizabal.

Historical Dates:
August 1955 - The establishment of barrio of Cumba
March 1950 - The battle between Government troop and the rebels.
May 31 - Feast day of the barrio of Cumba
Jan. 30, 1941 - The author was born with the attendance of Hilot.
May 1962 - Construction of spring Development of Cumba.
Nov. 13, 1973 - Arrival of the first Supervisor - Miss Luzviminda S. Rosales

Important events during:
A. .Spanish Occupation
During the Spanish occupation most of the habitants of this place were converted to Christianity.
History record the fact that during World War II, there were only 15 families residing in this place. But after the war some families from Bongabon, Calapan and Naujan, all of the province of Oriental Mindoro, migrated to this barrio

Destruction of Lives:
Another recorded fact of history states that no inhabitants of this place were killed during the second World War, but during the battle between government troop and the rebels on march 1950, money animals like horses, cows, pigs were killed.